UNION PROTEIN PROJECT COMMUNITY EVENT COORDINATOR – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The VDLC invites expressions of interest for an opportunity to work with us as a coordinator for our Union Protein Project community event which will take place in September of 2018.
You would work with the VDLC office to coordinate the organizing and logistics of the event, volunteers, promotion, and other related items.
The intention is to have this opportunity act as a mutual benefit, allowing you to bring skills and commitment to the organizing and to coordinate activities with the VDLC, combined with an opportunity to gain campaign experience and build leadership skills.
The VDLC hosts a Union Protein Project (formerly Protein for People) community event on an annual basis each fall at Queen Alexandra Elementary School. The event includes a barbeque, children’s activities, free store, booths for affiliates and other organization, and more. The event brings together Queen Alexandra students, their families, other members of the community, and affiliates’ members.
The objectives of the event are to promote the Union Protein Project which the VDLC is a member of, strengthen our ties to the community and especially to Queen Alexandra Elementary with whom we have a long-standing relationship, and give profile to the VDLC, its affiliates, and the work that we all do.
- To work under the direction of the President to coordinate the organization of a successful Union Protein Project community event at Queen Alexandra Elementary School in September of 2018
- To coordinate organization and logistics of the event, mobilize volunteers, and help engage affiliates and other participants
- The successful candidate will be a VDLC delegate (preferred) or other labour activist with demonstrated ability and energy to effectively coordinate the event.
- This is not a book-off opportunity since the work required is not ongoing and consistent in nature but rather is a variety of tasks taking place over a period of months.
- Instead we are offering a stipend of $1,000 to the successful applicant.
- All costs related to the coordination of the event will be covered by the VDLC.
- The opportunity has the potential for renewal in 2019 by mutual agreement of the successful applicant and the President.
Application deadline: 5:00 pm, Monday, June 11, 2018
Forward letters of applications and a resume detailing applicable labour movement and political campaign skills and experience, with the subject line “Expression of Interest – UPP” to:
Stephen von Sychowski, President
Vancouver and District Labour Council
170 – 111 Victoria Drive
Phone: 604-254-0703 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org