- Make all front-line workers eligible for presumptive coverage under WCB (WorkSafe);
- Ensure enforcement of the Duty to Accommodate with regards to workers who cannot work during the epidemic due to pre-existing health conditions, including paid sick leave for those who cannot work from home;
- Provide testing for all workers showing symptoms congruent with COVID-19;
- Establish paid sick leave for all workers, including paid leave for any period of quarantine or self-isolation;
- Increase Employment Insurance to at least 75% of insurable earnings and reduce barriers to access;
- Place limits on the numbers of shoppers allowed in retail locations and mandated measures to ensure physical distancing in all workplaces where practicable;
- Enact a temporary ban on reusable bags and containers in stores and pharmacies;
- Request all employers to supply workers on duty with masks, sanitizers, paper towels, gloves, and/or other items as may be appropriate to the workplace;
- Suspend rent, mortgage, and utility payments for those who need it during the course of the pandemic;
- Provide solutions for workers’ emergency childcare needs;
- Provide Solutions to accommodate front line workers’ needs for equitable access to groceries, toiletries, and other household goods.
We owe it to frontline workers to ensure that they are protected to the greatest extent possible both physically and economically.
Please sign and share - thank you for your support!