MUNICIPAL ELECTION ORGANIZER – EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The VDLC invites expressions of interest for an opportunity to work as a municipal election organizer
performing labour council to affiliate to member outreach, education, and voter mobilization, ending the first regular business day after E-Day, October 20, 2018.
The successful candidates will perform their duties in support of VDLC endorsed candidates within our district, which includes City of Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, District of West Vancouver, and City of Richmond.
The intention is to bring skills and commitment to the campaign and to coordinate activities with the VDLC, combined with an opportunity to gain campaign experience and build leadership skills.
- To work under the direction of the President to contribute to the successful election of VDLC endorsed candidates by way of labour council to affiliate to member campaigning, which may involve in-person meetings and canvassing, phone banking, social media, and other methods.
- To coordinate VDLC participation, including the mobilization of volunteers for labour council activities related to the election.
- The successful candidates will be VDLC delegates (preferred) or other labour activists with demonstrated ability and energy to effectively contribute to our efforts during the municipal election.
- The VDLC will cover the book-off costs for approximately two calendar months with an end date to include October 22, 2018 (the first regular business day after the October 20th E-day).
- Securing book-off is the responsibility of the successful applicant and their local union, and can then be invoiced to the VDLC for the amount charged by the employer.
- The actual number of days will be determined by the cost per day of wage and benefit replacement to a maximum of $10,000.00.
- Extended and irregular hours, including weekends and evenings, is expected.
Two positions are available.
Application deadline: 5:00 pm, Monday, June 11, 2018
Forward letters of applications and a resume detailing applicable labour movement and political campaign skills and experience, with the subject line “Expression of Interest” to:
Stephen von Sychowski, President
Vancouver and District Labour Council
111 – 170 Victoria Drive